Home is more than just a place to live, it is where we are comfortable, and it is where we feel safe. Our home is filled with our history and memories. It is where we belong. For residents in a long-term care facility, a safe, comfortable and familiar environment can go a long way to making them feel at home. The better you can help your residents make the transition to long term care, the safer they will feel and the more comfortable they will be with you and the staff. Staff in long-term care facilities need to help residents feel at home in their new home.
During this program you'll learn:
- The importance of residents feeling at home where they live
- The common concerns that residents must cope with when transitioning to long-term care
- Techniques to help residents create a homelike environment in any long-term care facility by:
Quality of Life
- involving residents in decorating decisions
- supporting personal music tastes
- maintaining consistent and convenient cleaning schedules
- facilitating warm and friendly mealtimes
- exposing residents to engaging and rewarding activities
- offering privacy during family visits
- connecting residents who share common interests
- setting up intergenerational programs
- allowing residents to be involved in household activities
is a practical educational tool. It shows long-term care staff and health care providers using skills and techniques that assist residents in creating a homelike environment. It also demonstrates positive measures that can help to minimize the isolation, fear and loneliness that residents often face when experiencing radical changes in their sense of personal freedom and private lifestyle. Filled with practical information and useful instruction, this video training provides a unique and interactive learning experience. In addition to the valuable learning information, the video in-service provides opportunities for discussion to help involve participants in the acquisition of knowledge that will help everyone understand how to assist residents in creating a homelike environment.
ElderCare Communications is a leading provider of high quality video-based education and information to help improve the quality of care and resident quality of life in long-term care settings.